Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lovin' Me the Red, White and Blue!


I'm not usually a public opinionator, but I have had something on my mind for the last several months that I just need to get out.  With that said, here it is...

Since coming to Korea I have never heard or seen so much animosity against Americans. Almost every time I go to a bar, I'm asked the typical question, "Where are you from?" On more occasions than I would like, I have felt judged for saying I'm from America. 

Everyone feels they are from the BEST country in the world and that their country is better than yours. Yes, I will admit there are some things that I feel America could do better or that I don't agree with but that's my home. I love my country! I never thought I would come to Korea and gain so much patriotism towards America than I have in last 8 months.

I don't go around asking where you are from and then immediately start cracking jokes or say, "Ahhh I see." Really how rude can you be? This is one thing that has been on my mind the last several months and I know that I am definitely not the only American in Korea that feels this way.

I'm not going to use this post as a way of saying that I think Amercia is better, because I'm not saying that. I'm simply saying that I didn't come here for people to make me feel bad about where I from. I'm proud of my country, just like you are.

With that said...

God Bless America! 

I sure do miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment