Sunday, April 1, 2012

Field Trips and Tea Houses

I've been horribly slacking on my updates throughout the last few weeks. Sorry about that! You can blame that on Bronchitis. Thanks to being around runny nosed kids and the changing weather, I caught Bronchitis. Needless to say I've been miserable for the last week. Luckily medical care in Korea is so amazingly cheap, that I was able to go to the doctor twice and get medicine all for under $50. Oh, and that's WITHOUT insurance. Go Korea!! 
no idea what type of medicine I'm taking,
but that's ok!

A little over a week ago we went on a field trip to the local children's science museum. I remember I loved going to Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh growing up and playing with all the science exhibits. So, I was so excited to take them here! 

watching TV on the ceiling
Most popular exhibit...throwing balls up a nose
a mouth full of children

This weekend I wanted to get out of the house for a few hours, so I met Lauren Teacha out in Seoul for lunch and to wonder the streets of Insadong. Lauren introduced me to the sweetest and most amazing street food in Korea. Haddeok is the name. I've passed vendors selling these several times while in Seoul and never stopped to try them. Basically it's fried dough with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts. So so good!

haddeoks

While in Insadong, we decided to stop in a Korean tea house to warm up and try some tea. We went to an amazing little tea house that had nothing but fresh flowers EVERYWHERE, along with calming music and big ol' comfy couches. I tried the ginger tea. Yum!



The weather has finally started to slightly warm up. I'm still finding myself wearing my winter coat on a few days, but here's hoping to warmer weather in April. April is going to be such an exciting month. I have trips planned every weekend. I can't wait! I still miss and think of you all everyday. 

xoxo
-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment