Monday, April 16, 2012

Cherry Blossoms and Shufflin'

Geesh! I can't believe how fast this weekend has passed. Can I get my weekend back, please? This weekend was such an amazing weekend!! Yesterday, I went into Seoul with Jess and Lauren for the Cherry Blossom Festival. Before heading over to the festival, Lauren and I killed some time with some photo ops around Gwanghwamun.


With Haechi (Seoul's mascot)
hanging with an Australian penguin?

Afterwards, we made our way over to a park that sits right on the Han River. The Han River is a beautiful river that passes through Seoul and connects to the Yellow Sea. I cross this river every time I go into Seoul and it's breathtaking every time.






I made a bucket list of "must sees" in Korea and walking across one of the bridges that cross the Han River has been on my list. I was so soo excited to walk across and catch a much better view of Seoul.



little duck paddle boats you can rent
63 building (one of the tallest buildings in Seoul)

We then walked below the bridge and found another amazing view...


close-up of the tiles 
so amazing!


Later that evening, we traveled over to HaeBangChon (HBC) to try out Craftworks. I heard great reviews about this place and was so excited to try some local brews. 




Let me just move on over to updating you all about today. The BEST day everrr! I went into Hongdae today to check out a B-boy show that Nadine so graciously invited me to. B-Boying is a type of street dance that usually consists of music genres from house music to hip-hop. It was such an amazing show! And ladies...the men...mmmhmm ;) 

the girls <3










During the show the dancers had invited a few people up the stage for small skits. At the end of the show the dancers started free-styling to "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO. I hear this song literally everywhere I go in Korea. It's like Korea's second Anthem. Well to my surprise, I was suddenly pulled onto stage to shuffle with the dancers. Seriously, BEST MOMENT EVERRR!




Ahh so so much fun! I'm still all giddy inside over what just happened. Thanks again Nadine Teacha!! This next week I will be spending my time preparing for Tania and Lauren's visit. I can't wait!! Next weekend I'll be visiting the DMZ and even be in part of North Korea. I'll be sure to tell you all about it!


Miss you all so freakin' much! <3


-Jenn
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment