Friday, March 2, 2012

Graduation!

After months of prepping, our 7-year old kindergarten classes were finally ready to graduate on to elementary school. This is not only an event that showcases our work, but it's also a HUGE event for Korean Moms. The students worked really hard to memorize scripts and songs. I'm so proud of the 16 students that are moving onto first grade. I'm going to sound like my Mom and Dad right now, but geesh kids grow up way too fast!


My job for the ceremony was to be the English speaking MC. So basically I was to stand in front of the audience and announce after my korean co-teacher. I love public speaking, so I was so excited to have this task! To begin the ceremony, all the kinder classes opened with singing in their cute little costumes.




The three graduating classes acted out scenes from "The Sound of Music." I was in charge of teaching Barney class "So Long, Farewell." I was so proud of them!!



Of course the show stoppers were my Elmo babies with their little song I taught them. I loooove them so so much! Sadly the video I took below was when Isaac was out sick.


The 6-year old classes acted out the play of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears." Below are some pictures I took before and during graduation. Please take note of some of the costumes...poor kids!


so fly
hated his tux
girliest costume a boy could ask for
the back
Amy and Soo
trouble makers


Clifford presenting Endangered Species
Zinna
Sally and Gabriel

 I can't even begin to explain just how happy graduation is over. Although it was a great celebration, many days of stress came along with it. Starting Monday each teacher will be given new classes and new students. I'm so sad to say goodbye to the little ones I adore, but i look forward to meeting new ones.


Miss you all!
-Jenn




No comments:

Post a Comment