Thursday, March 8, 2012

Meh New Babies!

The school year in Korea is divided into two semesters. The first begins in the beginning of March and ends in mid-July; the second begins in late August and ends in mid-February. This being said, our school began a new semester of classes which means...I get new students.

I was really excited for changes because let's be honest, we all need a little bit of change from our normal routine at work now and then. I'm sad to report that I am now longer in charge of teaching my Elmo babies. Ahhh I adore them! Nadine, aka Maybine Teachaaa, now gets the pleasure of teaching them :(

Ethan, Isaac, and Sevin <3


Before the semester began, I was given word that two of the worst behaving classes would be combined together as one AND I would get the pleasure of teaching this very class. HELP ME was my very thought!!  These students have been with ILS for a year and are 7 years old. I'm only one week in with Nemo class and so far so good. I constantly have to ask them if they want me to be a fun teachaaa or mean teachaa. You can guess what they pick...



Chloe & Soo
Joshua
Matthew + Justin + Robin = big trobs

Matthew <3


My next class is Snoopy class. They are new to ILS this year and are 6 years old. They each have HUGE personalities. I love them already!!



sweet little Sean
Allllbert


On the first day of school I was asked to name my first unborn child. The girl below was not happy with her English name, so I was asked to "name" her. She settled on Sally. Unfortunately she was too shy for the camera.


shy Sally


In the 7 months that I have been teaching I have never had a student be scared of me until now. I received a note from Judy's mom today telling me that Judy she is afraid of me. haha! She thinks it's because Judy doesn't understand what I'm saying to her. She'll warm up to me soon!!

Judy

The girl below, Reina, has the most sass I have ever seen. I swear she could be my child. The first day she was crossing her legs while doing arts & crafts and sharing her hand cream with me. Today while taking pictures, she asked me to retake her pictureFIVE TIMES!! I <3 her!




This weekend coming up I'm heading about five hours south of Seoul to do a temple stay at a Buddhist Temple. I'll basically be living the life of a monk for two days. I'm so excited, but a little nervous! I can't wait to get more cultured in the lifestyle. I'll post updates and pics as soon as I get back!

Love and miss you all more than you know!!

-Jenn xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment