Sunday, February 19, 2012

Party! Party! Party!

February has been a big month of celebrations and it's not over yet. This past week, we celebrated our monthly Birthdays at school. Nothing says "Happy Birthday" in Korea better them some cake, pizza, and fried chicken. These are three items that are always on the menu.

Barney class

My favorite part about Birthday parties are being able to play with my little babies! :)

Princess Sevin
My sweet Isaac
Three of cutest but worst behaving students at ILS.

With graduation approaching in a week and a half, stress has become a daily occurrence. On Thursday myself and a few other teachers stayed three hours after quitting time to finish up poster boards for the kids' presentation. Luckily, our boss was so kind to treat us to a nice Italian dinner afterward!




On Saturday a few of my friends thought we'd be adventurous and check out Hooters in Seoul. It sits right next to one of my favorite buildings in Seoul. I call it the "Swiss cheese building"... because it looks like Swiss cheese. The food was bad and it was the worst service I have ever had here in Korea. Needless to say, I won't be going back nor do I recommend this place to anyone. 






After dinner, I celebrated two Birthdays for two awesome Canadians. The party was scheduled to be held at a hotel, which was the perfect venue for the classy and lovely Miss Gillian. Unfortunately, after about 20 minutes into the party we got kicked out. This did not stop us! We continued the celebration at a norebang. A norebang is a private room that you can rent out with your friends and sing karaoke. It's seriously the best thing to ever be invented. The best parties are the parties that don't go as planned! :)






Birthday boy & Birthday girl


It was great week here in the ROK! Spring seems to be teasing us with warmer weather. I can't even begin to tell you just how nice it feels to have above 30 degree temperatures. This coming week will be yet another week of graduation prep, celebrations, and farewells. 


I hope everyone has a fabulous week! Miss you all so so much! <3


-Jenn xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment