Sunday, February 12, 2012

I Met Anthony Rapp! OMG!!

I can't believe another week has just passed me by. Due to a nasty case of food poisoning on Monday, I was forced to take it easy and relax this whole week. Even though I was not feeling 100%, I refused to spend my weekend wasting away in my apartment. 

I found an awesome group called Meetup Korea that brings people, both Korean and foreign, together through events. I was lucky enough to score free tickets to see Anthony Rapp perform his memoir "Without You" in Seoul. For those who may not be familiar with Anthony Rapp, he is a famous Broadway and film actor. He's most famous for his role as Mark Cohen in the show RENT. 


The memoir was about love, loss and success. It told the story about his life when RENT was just getting started and the loss of his mother. I can't even begin to express just how amazing this show was!! It was so touching and he showed such raw emotion, that at times I found myself crying hysterically. His voice alone, singing songs like "Seasons of Love" and "No Day But Today," brought chills to my body.


After the show, Anthony was signing autographs and taking pictures. Of course I was not going to pass up this opportunity. 




"There's only this
Forget regret-- or life is yours to miss.
No other road
No other way
No day but today"
It was such a great day! I'm so glad that i got the opportunity to see such a gifted artist. The next couple weeks will be full of  more Birthday celebrations and our school's kinder graduation. I'll be sure to have lots more to update you all on!


-Jenn xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment