Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Birthday Weekend in Busan

I absolutely love to celebrate my Birthday, so I was nothing but excited to celebrate my 26th Birthday this year. Why you ask? Well of course being in Korea is one big reason, but I also had 36 hours to officially celebrate. 

On Wednesday I was surprised by my Elmo class who gave me the cutest Birthday cards and yelled, "Happy Burfday Jenn Teacha! We Wuv You!" It was by far the best present I could have ever received. 


After work a couple of my friends and I went to this awesome little Italian restaurant in Dongbaek, called Pasta Benne. The owner is Korean-American and is always very generous with the wine and desserts.





To continue the celebrations, this past weekend my friends and I went down to Haeundae Beach (pronounced Hey-un-day) in Busan. 




We arrived in Haeundae around 10am on Saturday and the fun never stopped. We stayed at an awesome guesthouse that reminded us of our college days, which in turn made me feel a little bit younger ;) I met a funny little Korean guy there when who talked to me about the TV show Glee and how his favorite character was the boy with the Justin Beiber hair.
pobi guesthouse 


After dropping off our stuff we went for drinks and lunch at the Fuzzy Navel, which is a Mexican restaurant/bar. 




As we headed over to the beach all I could think about was Virginia Beach. It reminded me so much of home that I almost forgot that I was in Korea. It was so nice to be around the water again!




Before going to Busan I knew the aquarium was one place I wanted to visited. 





That night all of my friends got together to eat clams, drink soju and dance the night away.






It was such an awesome Birthday weekend and I'm so glad I got to spend it with good people. My good friend and gifted photographer, Gillian, also has a blog and posted some pictures from the weekend. If you get a chance, check her out, http://loveoftheseoul.tumblr.com/


Miss y'all!


-Jenn xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment