Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day #2

Today was a whole new day. I woke up around 4 am to clean. And man I went to work. I was able to unpack and just felt so much better. It's so crazy to think that I came from living in this big apartment with a queen sized bed, to an itty bitty living space. Definitely working on simplifying my life. This will be good for me :)

I was able to talk to my Mom and Dad for about 20 minutes this morning. After talking with them I decided to venture out on my own. Of course once I stepped out, it started raining. Korea has it out for me already haha. I walked down the street to this bakery called "Paris Baquette". It's literally 5 min from my house. They have all kinds of breads and pastries. Looks like I'll be getting my carbs fix afterall :)

After breakfast I came home and chilled before meeting up with Sarah. She's a teacher I will be working with at ILS. We walked over to Emart, which is like Walmart but so much better. It has almost anything you could ask for. It has a movie theater, bowling alley, department store and then groceries. I could spend hours in there. After that we went to lunch at "LunaRich". It's a nice little Italian place across from Emart. We had Gorgonzola pizza with honey. So amazing!

I'm now at home, thinking I'll take a nap before my jet lag gets the best of me. I need to be refreshed before heading out to dinner with the other teachers. I think I'm trying my first Korean BBQ! I'm also hoping someone can help me figure out my phone. It's all in Korean and I have no idea how to text haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment