Sunday, July 8, 2012

More to Be Discovered

Korea never ceases to amaze me. As I countdown the weeks to my 1-year anniversary of being here, I am STILL finding places of beauty I never knew existed. This weekend is just one example. I went into Seoul yesterday on a mission with Gillian. Our first stop was Seoul Ink. No, no, no I did not get a tattoo this time around. However, this place was the cleanest tattoo place I have seen. The owner speaks fluent English and the tattoo artists are by far the trendiest and cutest I've seen.

Gillian getting to check out her tattoo

After we finished up at Seoul Ink, we headed over to our next mission of the day...FIND RODEO DRIVE! Well I'll just tell you in advance we completely failed on finding this one sign. We literally asked 10 people and were basically going around in circles. That didn't matter to us, because we ended up finding the best and my now favorite street in Korea, Garuso-gil in Apgujeong. This street is lined with beautiful trees, cafes, restaurants and shops.






While in Apgujeong we stumbled upon some of the coolest places. First was a coffee shop called Coffee School. This place offered coffee from all over the world. Places such as Brazil, Columbia, Hawaii and Rwanda. Gillian had coffee from Tanzania and I had some from Costa Rica.




Next we found a gallery for a Korean artist, Youk Shim Won. Unfortunately the gallery was closed, but the store was the cutest.

I then walked into a cute little stationary store that was selling preserved flowers. Weird, right? These flowers are able to stay fresh from 2-3 years.


Korean girls sure do love their hair accesories. Gillian and I found a boutique that showcased handmade headbands. These headbands ranged from small and cheap to gotti and expensive. Of course I had to try on this beaut worth $250.


Next we headed to an uber delicious Indian restaurant, Namaste. We were in our element of samosas, curry, naan and wine. So good!

After dinner we decided to stroll the streets once again just to see what we could find. Of course we found King Kong hanging from the side of a building...


Oh and this guy...


To end our day, we stopped in Gangnam for one last, MUST DO! 



My weekends here are always full of fun and adventure. I love being able to discover new, exciting places. Not to mention experiencing all of this with lovely people who have turned into my family. Next week I'll be heading down to the beach to play in the mud. Yes, I said mud not sand. Mudfest 2012...I can't wait!!

Miss you all so sooo much! 10 weeks!!

-Jenn xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment