Monday, July 16, 2012

Getting Muddy at Mudfest 2012

How do I even begin to explain the craziness of one the best weekends in Korea? MUDFEST 2012...to put it simply. Imagine 50,000 or more people playing in mud. That's basically how my weekend went. On Saturday morning I traveled with Adventure Korea down to Boryeong Beach which is about 3 hours South of Seoul. Mudfest is an annual festival where people come to cover themselves in mud because they believe it will benefit their skin or they just want relive their college Spring Break.




We arrived in Boryeong around noon and were taken to the "mud field". This was a special event that only Adventure Korea puts on and we were lucky enough to experience it. They supplied us with camo pants and a long sleeve shirt. Next, we spent 1.5 hours doing several activities such as mud wrestling, playing mud soccer, doing military exercises and just lying in the mud. 

MudField

chicken fight


a muddy mess

cleaned up

After the muddy mayhem we experienced, we headed back to the beach for a night of debauchery. Korea is pretty much the best for finding fun in the most random of places. As we walked along the beach we found a small vendor playing music and literally 50 koreans just standing around as one foreigner danced to the music. So to start the party, Gillian and I entered the circle and began recruiting people. Within a matter of minutes we had ourselves a dance party. We spent almost an hour in the pouring rain dancing, dancing and dancing without a care in the world.


 

On Sunday Gillian and I skipped the mud and headed for our own adventures. Here's just a few of what we found...

random carnival rides


mechanical panda?

 

The weekend went off with out injury until the last hour of our trip. As we stopped at a rest area, clumsy me slipped up wet stairs and bruised my toe. Ouch! I hope you all enjoy the pictures of all the muddiness. I'm getting more and more excited about the fact that I'll be munching on dim sum while visiting the Big Buddha in Hong Kong in TWO WEEKS from today. Woo!!!

Well I still miss you all. That never changes ;)

-Jenn xoxo

 



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment