Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Three Months In...

Today marks my third month in Korea. Holy cow! Time is flying by so fast. Only nine more months until I'm home though. Wahoo! Things sure have been picking up here in Korealand. 

Last weekend I dug out the inner daredevil in me and went zip-lining in Mungyeong. Mungyeong is a city surrounded by beautiful mountains and is about three hours from where I live. The Fall colors were amazing and they reminded me a lot of the mountains back home in Virginia, which of course made me miss home that much more.



There were nine courses and each course got a little higher and longer in length. The highest course was 360m or about 1,000 feet. I definitely recommend trying zip-lining at least once to whoever is looking for a thrill. There's nothing like the feeling of basically flying from tree to tree and taking in a pretty awesome view at the same time. Next on my list...bungee jumping.


Saturday night I celebrated Halloween with some friends on a Halloween themed cruise. It was hands down one of the best Halloweens ever! The boat was massive and held close to 800 people. Props to the event planners for putting on such a successful night. Going to these kinds of events really makes me miss planning events :(





A 1920's flapper, the Cat in the Hat,
Minnie Mouse, White Trash and Nicki Minaj

Today our school celebrated Halloween with a costume party. Anna Teacher asked me to be the MC for the day, which meant I had to greet the Moms and keep everyone on schedule. It sure was a fun day! We had games,  pumpkin carvings and don't forget the trick or treating.

Ralphie?

Tweety and Elmo class


No comments:

Post a Comment