Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Most Magical Place in the ROK

This past weekend called for gloomy and rainy weather, so I took it upon myself to make indoor plans. After a nice brunch at Butterfingers with Lauren in Jeongja, I took a ride on the new Sin Bundang line (신분당선). This is a new subway line that just opened on October 28th and connects Bundang to Gangnam, which is a popular part in Seoul. It was developed to cut the total travel time by bus from 60 minutes down to 16 minutes. What's also neat about this line is that the trains are completely computer operated, so there's no conductor on board.

After my speedy trip into Seoul, I went to visit Dr. Fish. Dr. Fish is a semi-upscale coffee bar/spa. For 2,000 won you can experience the tickling of the Chinchin as they eat at your feet. Some may think this an absurd and disgusting idea, but it's actually pretty neat. Essentially the fish are used to exfoliate feet and toes for the most natural of spa experiences.


To add to my indoor plans, I went to the most magical place in Korea...Lotte World. Lotte World is the world's largest indoor amusement park. It's almost a small replica of Disney World with it's own version of the Magic Kingdom, otherwise named "Magic Island." I felt like such a kid as I walked into the park. The inside was lit up with colorful Christmas lights and Christmas themed parades. It was the first time since I've been here that I felt like was home in the States.
 
Magic Island
Indoor skating rink with Lotte World rides surrounding

There will be another "magical" place I will be visiting next weekend. I'll be sure to post about that!

Miss you all!


-Jenn

2 comments:

  1. i look topless in the dr. fish picture. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha oops! Well we know you weren't so it's ok :)

    ReplyDelete