Friday, June 15, 2012

Latin Festival and Open Class

This summer weather is really kicking my lazy habits into full gear. Most days after work I'm finding myself wanting to just be outside with a cold drink in my hand. I guess there's nothing wrong with that. Well let me catch you up on a few happenings from the last week.

I've been making it a point to have at least one day on the weekend full of activities. That's just what I did last Saturday. First stop was the dentist. I found a really nice office in the Bundang area called hus hu Dental Clinic. I highly recommend them to anyone in Korea who may be looking for a dentist. The doctor speaks English and the office is pretty swanky. Not to mention, I got a routine check up and cleaning for only $45. Korea -1, America - 0.




Afterwards, I met up with some people in Seoul to attend the Latin American Festival. If you haven't already noticed, I LOVE festivals. The festivals had vendors from several countries selling booze and food, along with Korean dancers attempting to tango to music by Beyonce. Oh and how could I forget the Mariachi band? It was so fun!





Moving along to this week. On Tuesday we had open class at school. This is basically a chance for the parents to come and observe our classes for a short period of time. I'm happy to say this day went very very well! My students were well-behaved and I got great reviews from the parents. It's so nice to hear that your students talk about you at home and enjoy having you as a teacher. It was at this moment I realized how important my job is and how much of an impact I have on these kids.

ballet performance

ballet performance

Nemo class

Snoopy class

Snoopy class

I should also tell you all sorry for some of the grainy pictures. While in Namhae a few weekends ago I broke my camera. Saddest thing to happen to me in Korea yet!! Hopefully I'll purchase one before Hong Kong in July, but for now you'll have to do with pictures taken from my Ipod. Boo! Any way, I have been DYING to get to the beach and relax, so I will be doing just that this weekend. Tonight I will be heading down to Busan. Ahhh I can't wait!! I miss you all so very much...you have no idea.

-Jenn
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment