Monday, June 6, 2011

Peace Out Hampton Roads!

As of now, I’m not 100% sure as to when I will be leaving. I have word it’s going to be either the middle or end of July. I currently have two weeks left of work and three weeks until I move back to Roanoke with my family. I’m taking a month off from work to do absolutely nothing. Ahhh I can’t wait!

It seems like just yesterday I made the decision to move to Norfolk to finish my last two years of college at Old Dominion University. Five years later, I now call it my “home”. I've had mixed emotions about this place, but I can honestly say I love it here! I’ve met so many amazing people and have developed great friendships with some that I know will last a lifetime.

I’m going to miss the beach being readily available to me. No more convenience of dipping my feet into the ocean and burying my feet in the sand. I will never forget the crazy flooding in Norfolk that caused me to be stuck in my house for three days, cookouts at the Sixteens, along with eating some of the freshest seafood at my favorite restaurants. Also, the random nights with friends, ODU football tailgates, having a 711 on every corner, summer concerts at the Virginia Beach Amphitheater while paying $12 for a beer, and of course frequenting Kokoamos with the ladies every Friday night in the summer for 50¢ drinks and then deciding it is a good idea to head to Hot Tuna to get our dance on with some of our country's finest military men.

I’m not sure if I will ever end up back here in Hampton Roads. If not, it sure was a great five years for me here. I will miss you! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment