Thursday, May 5, 2011

waiting, waiting and more waiting...

Just so everyone knows, this has been such a long process for me. I started my aggressive research on teaching in Korea way back in October of last year. After deciding in early December that this was something I really wanted to pursue, I began sending out all necessary documents for authentication. It wasn't until April that I finally received the last of my documents from the government.

I got news from James, my recruiter, on Sunday night that my paperwork had arrived in Seoul. Woo!!! Major props to FedEx for getting it there so quickly. I sent my documents out Thursday and he had them in his hands by Monday morning, which is Sunday evening U.S. time. So just a FYI, if you plan on sending me a package I would recommend using FedEx ;)

James told me he is going to file for my Visa in two weeks since my start date isn't until July. After I receive my information I will then have to make an appointment with the Korean Consulate in Washington, D.C. This means I'll be making one last special, hopefully extended, visit to see all my friend in NOVA!

I'll continue to keep everyone updated on my process. Only 10 weeks left!

2 comments:

  1. you are right on track! fedex is hella expensive, actually the regular postal service delivers things pretty efficiently and at a reasonable price when you consider it's traveling 7,000 miles. :P my grandma sent me a big tub of cookies that arrived in five business days and i think the postage was only like $30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's really good to know. FedEx is really expensive. I paid $60 for just a few papers haha. I'll be sure to let my Mom know this too for when she sends me cookies ;)

    ReplyDelete